Tuesday, March 15, 2016

An Array of Emotions

 Time I wonder what the heck I am doing here: when I'm sitting in my room, reading the Bislama I'm supposed to say at the community meeting the next day, and a cockroach crawls on me.

Time I know why I'm here: when I have a good storian (chat) with my host family.

 Time I'm frustrated about life here: when schedules change or are non existent and I don't know what's going on.

Time I realize a childhood dream come true: when I'm organizing books to go into a new library.

Time I'm sad I'm here: when I miss life events of people from home.

Time I laugh at the absurdity of the situation: when a group of us takes a boat ride back to our training village in a complete downpour, gets drenched as if we'd just gone swimming,  but the rain lets up as soon as we reach land. 

Time I'm happy I'm here: swimming in the ocean with my 4 year old host sister, her latching onto me and  making up stories about who knows what, looking at the beautiful surroundings and remembering how lucky I am to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment