Monday, July 11, 2016

Spiders

Warning: Don't scroll down if you have arachnophobia.

One thing that was difficult at first to get used to when I arrived on Ambae was the amount of large spiders that are in my house. To try to get over my fear of them, I've been taking pictures of them. Luckily, none (or so I've been told) of them are harmful. Here are some pictures of them for your enjoyment:


Luckily, Silvy likes to chase and eat the spiders. 

I sprayed this spider with so much poison until it curled up and died, and then was my bathroom decoration for about a week until it disappeared. 

Pregnant spider on the ceiling.




Spiders like to go where they don't belong.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz!

    We met once on a WINK trip. Anyhow are there any geckos around? Maybe invite some in to eat the spiders. I'm in Korea still but will send a letter your way soon enough. I enjoy reading about your new adventures.

    Take care!

    Meghan Phelps

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They seem a little less scary if you name the spiders....

    ReplyDelete