Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Mass Texts



I get numerous texts a day that are advertisements and information. It can get pretty annoying, especially when I think a text is from a friend and it’s actually from Digicel (the phone carrier) saying “NEW DATA BUNDLE for 1 hour at ONLY 25VT!” There are also informational texts that are sent out from I believe the government (but I’m not positive on that) that send information on cyclones. There are also a ton of random texts that are send from who knows who, about very random things, that sometimes make me chuckle. So here is a random sampling of texts that I have received recently. I’ll put the English below the text, but if you read the Bislama out loud you can probably figure out most of it! 

1. Sent from: Yumi Redi!
Sapos u stap klosap lo wan volkeno u mas save ol sef rod mo denja eria blo volkeno. Sapos volkeno I faeroap u mas muv aot mo protektem u lo rabis gas blo volkeno!
(If you live near a volcano, you must know all the safe roads and dangerous areas. If the volcano explodes, you must move away and protect yourself from the bad fumes of the volcano.)

2. Sent from: Bodi Fact
Yu save se nose blo yu I save rimembarem 50,000 smel! Blo save moa abaot ol bodi facts, visitim http://www.factslides.com/s-Your-Body
(Did you know that your nose can remember 50,000 smells! To learn more facts about the body, visit http://www.factslides.com/s-Your-Body)

3. Sent from: +1644
Kash Kash mo moa Kash! 200,000VT I save blo yu lo Novemba ia wetem fulap giveaways! Texam KICK iko lo 1644 naia spos no bae yu mestem! 20VT/txt.
(Cash, cash, and more cash! 200,000 vatu can be yours this November with lots of giveaways! Text kick to 1644 now before you miss it! 20 vatu/text)

4. Sent from: Fun Fact
Yu save wanem, lo wan paket blo playing card king blo heart hemi only king we emi nokat moustache! Blo moa Only Fact go lo …..
(Do you know that in one deck of cards, the king of hearts is the only king that doesn’t have a moustache! To find out more only facts, go to…)

Sometimes I forget what is normal in the US, but in the US phones don’t get multiple random texts like this a day, right? Anyways, here is a look into mass phone texts that are sent in Vanuatu.

2 comments:

  1. Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Ramirez Cecilia, I am from Philippines. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $78.000 some days ago after been scammed of $19,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $78.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial Email (Jamesericurgentloanoffer@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete